Today is a big day on several fronts. Sue is back to school for four in service days before the kid's return the day after Labor Day. Today is the first day of my next on-line class and I don't know what to expect. I'll probably try to log on today to see if there is any information about anything. At 10am I'm meeting Daniel, our new pastor intern, for a cup of coffee. And of course, a certain German teenager will arrive this evening.
Naturally, I've started learning German again. I've done this many times in the last 20 years but it still hasn't stuck very well. Don't worry, Christoph, we'll speak mostly English!
This is me "finishing" the woodwork in the kitchen. Aunt Mary, Uncle Duke, Mike and Judy came over for some lunch yesterday and offered some advice on how to finish this job. We'll get it done eventually.
Ravel impressed the guests yesterday with his leaping abilities.
Nigel is looking more full grown all the time--he's getting wider and portlier.
This is a ball that lights up when the cat touches it.
We hope Christoph gets through Chicago OK. He has three hours there to get through customs and immigration and go from terminal 5 to terminal 1 to catch his Minneapolis flight.
Tonight for his first meal here we will have crock pot beef sandwiches, Serrano pepper red skin mashed potatoes, and a civilized salad. More photos to follow. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment