I am happy to report that I have completed my master’s degree! I finished writing my paper this summer – about 50 pages – and have my Comprehensive Oral Examinations on Wednesday. It’s not quite as impressive as it sounds. Three professors (including my advisor) read my paper prior to Wednesday. I gave a presentation about my project and they asked me questions about it. Thankfully they didn’t stump me on anything. In true graduate school form, they had a few corrections they wanted me to make. All the corrections were word choice and nothing on content or research. I was very pleased to finish it. Several of my master’s degree friends and the Budde clan came over in the afternoon to help celebrate. We are going to Pazzaluna in St. Paul tonight for a celebratory dinner.
The next morning I printed the revised copy with the help of Nigel (see above) and drove it to the Graduate Office in River Falls. I hope all the paperwork is finished and my degree comes through in a timely manner.
Ravel assisted by "hiding" in a black chair. A black cat's natural habitat.
The flower bed next to the garage has really started to take off. Although I didn’t plan the overly tall sunflowers this year, I think one of them survived from last year. The sunflowers I planted this year have many small flowers where the guy on the left has just one.
The “wildflower” mix that I planted has had mixed results. It’s hard to tell what is a flower and what is a weed sometimes. Maybe they are the same?
No comments:
Post a Comment