Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another One Eats The Bug


First day of orientation! We also met Neighbor Thahn who was heading off to work.


Here we are at the bus stop on Thompson


After I dropped off a smiling Christoph in the foyer of his building I chatted with Carol North and Dr. Briscoe, the principal. I don't really know what Carol's job is at SPP but she seems to be vital to the operation of this school.
This photo is from the Ecolab plaza on Wabasha. I did some reading at the outdoor tables of Dunn Bros Coffee when I looked up and saw Andrew Zimmern from the Travel Channel TV show called Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern walking down 5th Street looking like he wanted to be recognized. There were two tables of St. Paul ambulance crews enjoying a coffee who didn't pay any attention to him. Either they did not want to invade his privacy or they don't watch Travel Channel programs about a portly guy who likes to eat bugs.


This guy has an unmistakable face. He lives in the Twin Cities so it is not so strange that he'd be walking down 5th Street looking for some bugs to eats.






Here is one of Christoph's first views of Cray Plaza, the building where his school is housed. St. Paul Prep is in part of the first three floor of the taller tower. I'm happy that Christoph seems to like to look at and talk about sky scrapers.


I strolled through Mears Park for another good view of Cray Plaza. Cray makes supercomputers or the 21st century form of supercomputers.


This is a sideways view of Christoph's first A+ that he earned on my neighborhood walking tour quiz. It was mostly fill in the blank with some multiple choice questions. The tour was designed to orient Christoph to his South St. Paul neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment