Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Christoph Abroad


 On Monday afternoon we had record heat while we waited for Christoph's flight to arrive from Chicago. On the arrivals board I was fooled by "Frankfurt arriving at 445pm". I wondered why Christoph wouldn't have taken this flight. . .It took me a few minutes to realize this was probably Frankfurt, Kentucky.


We positioned ourselves be the number 11 baggage claim area--the only one of the 14 used by United Airlines. And there he was!


 Yes, we made a sign.


Sue drew the picture while I added the German text. I hope it means what I think it does:
From Germany!
Ravel and Nigel's older brother!
Football player!
Trumpeter!
The King!
Chess Player!


Christoph was very talkative and he claimed to not be so tired from his incredibly long day.


After a dinner of hot beef sandwiches, Serrano pepper mashed potatoes, salad, and bubbly water, we took a walk down to the river just to have a quick view of the Mississippi River, America's Rhine River.

In 10 minutes, Christoph and I will take the bus downtown for his day of orientation and tests at St. Paul Prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment