Monday, March 4, 2013

Young Man Old Man

 
Well, we're having another blizzard now, or at least some snow. The weather guys are forecasting 5-9 inches from today through tomorrow. A little snow is always tolerable, especially in March because it won't stick around for too long. After my long weekend of work I am thrilled to have a day off to rest, recuperate, and run errands including picking up my new lenses in my old frames. Yes, these are the type of lenses that you'd expect a 42 year old to need. Let's just say that I am getting used to the blurry regions of my field of vision. Reading music in band tonight should prove to be challenging.
 
I stopped in at church thinking I'd observe Ali The Intern teach an adult class. I didn't realize it was a class I'd attended before and this one was going to be geared to the older folk or the female persuasion. I high-tailed it out of there.
 
I'm currently working on (and almost finished with) an arrangement of Let There Be Peace On Earth for community band and church choir. It won't be performed until next December but it's nice to get most of the work done now and then just edit and print things at the end of summer. I wasn't crazy about the tune until I started working on the arrangement. I love dressing a well-known tune up in new harmonies and experimental orchestration while attempting to keep it playable with minimal rehearsals. Keeping it playable is the toughest part.
 
I helped a fairly old lady today at the gas station on Southview and Highway 52. She was lost on her way to a root canal appointment. I tried giving her directions but she was also very hard of hearing so I had her follow me onto 52, past 494, and off on Upper 55th. She said, "Thank you for your help young man." Yes, "young man" sounds right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment