Yes, this will be another blog entry Full O' Cat Photos. All cats have been getting along reasonably well. This morning Nigel was chasing the reflection of the living room clock. First he was running around in circles clockwise and then counterclockwise and then he'd repeat the process I guess until he felt dizzy.
Sue picked up a scratching post with the goal of training these hyperactive kittens to scratch the post and not the chair or my leg. Cats with claws are a little trickier to play with--when you present them with a cute toy, they just reach out and grab it with their claws. Several toys have been shredded already.
Ravel remains the dominant of the two new cats. If you see or hear a high speed chase, chances are it is
BLACK chasing ORANGE.
Sue looked up Nigel's coloring and stripe pattern in our cat encyclopedia and declared that he might be "a classic red tabby." Ravel is defined as "a black cat." I have a hunch that their father was a gray tabby like Puccini and their mother was a calico like Pepper, Sue's old Eleva cat.
Tailwheel has been out in the open cautiously observing these wild cats. If anything, Tailwheel seems to be moving around extra slow. Mealtime is getting a little easier but Ravel's appetite is particularly ravenous.
Using the fishing wand, I've been getting them to climb up the scratching post. I even got Ravel to stand on top of the post.
This morning I found a loaf of bread in the middle of the kitchen floor with tiny little bite marks on the bag and accompanying slices of wheat bread. Bad cats!
"I'm innocent!"
"I'm a wild cheetah. Some cheetahs like bread."
This is the end of Sue's spring break. We're not sure what we'll do today on this totally free day. Last night we joined the Clarks for the Our Lady of Guadalupe Cheese Enchilada Lenten Dinner and tomorrow we'll meet up with the Tanzanian Travellers at Pastor Mahko's house.
This is the go-to resting place for both young cats. Nigel is guilty of looking awkward at times as you can see here he is falling through the crack.
No comments:
Post a Comment