Monday, April 21, 2014

“I’m the Champion Now.”

 

IMG_9396

Mike and Judy drove 90 minutes from their northern home in Eleva to join us for our Easter Meal consisting of prime rib, cheesy potatoes (the same recipe as last week), asparagus (Spargel) with an Asian nut flavor, baguettes (French breads), cole slaw with peppers and a peanut sauce, Greek and German white wines, tap water, and a cherry torte desert that Judy brought.  It was a great meal!

 

IMG_9397

Despite how this looks, Johanna still drinks water almost exclusively.  The German white was a Pfalz Gewürztraminer and the Greek white was about the driest wine I’ve ever tasted.

 

IMG_9398

After a long walk in the beautiful weather with the Bergs, they left and we kicked up a couple games of  Scrabble.

 

IMG_9399

Nigel hid most of the time the Bergs were here.  He’s a chicken butt.

 

IMG_9400

We took a photo of Johanna’s use of a J and an X in “jinx”.  She also was responsible for laying down “hell” that was later turned into ‘'”hello”.

 

IMG_9401

I believe I won this game but my hold on the title was short lived. . .

 

IMG_9403

. . . because Johanna won the second game and declared, “I’m the champion now.”  OK, she didn’t really say that but I wanted to allude to the recent Tom Hanks movie where the Somali pirate tells him who the captain really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment