Monday, April 14, 2014

“1998 Trivia for 400, Alex” “Who is Bill Clinton?”

 

IMG_9292

Here is the creation of the sacred cupcake.  We had a dinner on Saturday night for Johanna, her friend Bii from St. Paul Prep, Laura from the Agape choir, and her mom Jeanne.  I overheard people raving about the intricate swirling of the marble cup cakes.

IMG_9299

Here is the Berg-Williams Family Computer Lab.  I was tempted to haul my laptop down to the dining room to join in.  On Sunday, Sue and Johanna went to church for Palm Sunday.

IMG_9303

Sue seemed surprised that I would ask Johanna to empty the dishwasher.  I wouldn’t ask a guest but family members are required to do this task.  Ask Makiko.

IMG_9304

The cats are loving the visitors.

IMG_9305

We played Taboo (this photo is from after Bii went home) which is a really fun verbal charades-like game.  Our version of the game is from the late 1990s so there were lots of words and names related to the Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton scandal—does anyone remember Kenneth Starr?  When the name “Al Gore” came up, Laura just said “global warming” and someone guessed “Al Gore”.  She could have said “hanging chad”. 

When I drew “Bruce Willis” I gave the clue “I dressed up like him for a Halloween party in 1997 wearing a white T shirt.  I didn’t shave. . .”  Sue shouted out “Bruce Willis”.  Johanna was better at giving clues than guessing answers.  Laura had to get us to guess “potty mouth”.  I told them the story of my Uncle George successfully getting people to guess “Yugoslavia” in a game of Pictionary.  If I remember correctly, he started by drawing a boxy little car, a Yugo.  Remember those?  What a fun game. 

Bergs, we’re playing Taboo on Easter!  Yesterday when I was at work, Sue and Johanna played Scrabble after they visited

the Mall of the Americas. 

Today, Johanna and I are taking a vanity cabinet out to Eleva. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment