The remodel has started!Doug was home today and sent a few pictures but I was excited to get home to see the progress. I really couldn’t believe how much they got done in a single day. I can’t imagine how long it would have taken us to get all this done on our own.
The appliances were moved into the living room, the floors were covered, a branded rug was brought in to match the sign in our yard.
When I got home, Lance was here working on the drywall. Apparently he had a sidekick/assistant earlier in the day. The kitchen looks so big! Buzz, the site supervisor, joked with Doug after they had the cabinets out asking if we really wanted to go through with this. We have been 100% impressed with College City so far. Hopefully it will continue this way throughout the project.
In addition to all the demolition, the new pantry (above) and new closet (below) have been framed, drywalled and mudded.
This is of course throwing the cats off. We will be keeping them in the basement during the day. Ravel made a pass through after we opened the door. Nigel reluctantly came out of the cave to eat and then darted back in.
We are already finding the new food prep/eating set up rather annoying. Even though we are super organized with what is out and where it is, it’s still time consuming. We have both instinctively headed into the “kitchen” to get some water or look for a dish to find nothing there.
No comments:
Post a Comment