Spring planting time is here so while I was playing the commencement ceremony with my band on Thursday evening, Sue went to Gertens in the rain to pick out the plants to be planted.
Instead of one big pot for the front porch, Sue settled on two of them watching over the front yard like gargoyles.
Our front bushes took a hit this winter and my not come back. We may have to replace them with more products from Gertens.
Dorene was surprised that I hadn’t yet mowed the lawn. I did it on Friday once the grass dried out some from the gallons of rain we’d been getting.
Here is a Japanese curry pack that I heated up for dinner the other night. You pour it out on some white rice for a delightful Japanese style meal. On my first morning in Japan back in 1997 when Sue went to her JET meetings all day, I ventured out into Shinjuku Station, the largest train/subway station in the world. During rush hour. I cannot explain why I didn’t get photos of the ocean of people flowing through the underground concourses. I sought refuge in a curry shop that was serving this brown curry at 7 am. That was my first meal in Japan.
Here’s a noble knave, a kind cat, a beautiful brother, a friendly feline
On our first night in Tokyo, while we recover from jet lag and before we meet up with Miho and Anthony in Shibuya, we will stay in Shinjuku. I may press for a curry breakfast. We’ll see.
Yesterday we met the Bergs in Eau Claire at Fuji out near Mall of the Oakwoods for a little lunch of Japanese food. We wanted to have a Japanese meal with Mike to show him what he can expect on a Japanese food menu. Then while the Bergs were picking up their new car, Sue and I walked around UWEC’s campus.
Gretchen Peters, who many 21 year olds were in love with back in the 1990s, still teaches music history. She’s married to Tim Lane the flute guy.
Here’s my old locker in the Fine Arts building.
And then we crossed the mighty Chippewa River on the footbridge.
The “footbridge” at the University of Minnesota is about four times longer than this one, is double decker with light rail and a road on the lower level and the bikes and pedestrians on the upper level but is covered to protect the students form the wind and cold. Bluegolds are encouraged to get across this bridge as quickly as possible during the 8 months of winter.
After hanging out at the Berg’s house for the afternoon, we headed back on the superhighway to Minnesota. I wanted to take highway 10 but Sue was having none of that craziness.
Nigel.
Ravel watching the planting.
No comments:
Post a Comment