Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday Cat-astrophe

 

005

It’s a lazy Saturday here. We’ll go to the orchestra tonight but for now we’re just watching the weather decide if it wants to be nice or not. 

The cats started their Saturday with a early-mid morning nap in the chair.  

001

In addition to chasing their cat food, they like to play with the laser pointer lately. 

016

I’m not sure why Ravel looks blue but they both get really wild chasing the red dot!

020

We’ve had a couple near catastrophes around here too.  Yesterday at school, we had an afternoon- long power outage.  I had just unplugged my crockpot of Sloppy Joe meat to take to our lunch potluck when the power flickered and went out.  Thankfully, I had just finished rehearsing with my students and my afternoon classes were all on another fieldtrip.  We’ve had at least 3 power outages since I’ve taught there and it is no fun.  The good news is there was no power, no bathrooms and no internet so we all left as soon as the students were gone!  That was a bonus at the beginning of a 3 Day Weekend.   

023

Doug will have to write all the details but he also had a near catastrophe involving our electric lawnmower, clouds of white smoke, a second attempt and yet another cloud of white smoke. 

026

I expect we will be purchasing a new lawnmower sometime this weekend as the lawn is half mowed. 

029

In between catastrophes, we’ll have plenty of time for relaxing, too. 

034

No comments:

Post a Comment