Now that my semester has finished I took the opportunity to pump up the bike tires with air and head out for a trek in yesterday’s fine spring weather. You can see here our Linden tree is greening up nicely. I spread some fertilizer on the lawn but haven’t yet cut the grass.
my lucky Freiburg mug
I rode to downtown St. Paul to check out the new St. Paul Saints minor league baseball park that was built on the site of a defunct razor blade factory. It is in lower town on Broadway Street hemmed in by I-94 and the highway 52 bridge.
We are calling it CHS Field because we have to--Cenex Harvest States paid for the naming rights. Cenex might be a fortune 500 company and they might be based in Inver Grove Heights – can someone check those facts for me?
Yes, I rode my bike right in the gate that was open and cycled all the way around the concourse. This is a nice little ballpark. The Twins, when they were looking for a location to build their ballpark looked at this site, too. I think actor Bill Murray owns part of the Saints. (again, will the fact checker check on this?)
There were some workers doing some final painting and paver work. I think the Saints open on Memorial Day weekend.
The entrance is right across from the St. Paul Farmer’s Market.
Then I tooled around the urban island that is downtown St. Paul – I basically rode a counterclockwise loop staying within the perimeter of highway 52, 94, 35E, and the River. I’m glad Sue was not with me as I rode the wrong way down many one way streets on the sidewalk. Sue would have called me out on two traffic violations. I also rode by The X to see if there was any playoff hockey hoopla going on. Aside from some news vans (Fox 9 and KARE 11) setting up, nothing was happening yet. The Wild lost 1-0 to Chicago last night to go down 0-3 in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment