Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thai As We Might

 

IMG_0233

Sue staged a mini photo shoot of the house to include some photos in a letter to our new exchange student from Thailand.  This is the living room.

IMG_0234

And this is the Exchange Student Room.  Her name is going to be difficult to learn and pronounce:

Bantita Tetsaengtham. 

Fortunately she has a nickname:

Fahsai

We are insure of pronunciation at this point.  She’ll arrive in early September, go to St. Paul Prep like most of our other students and if all goes well, she’ll be with us for the whole school year.

IMG_0237

Here I am stepping up to the ball with my 2000 cubic centimeter (or so) driver.  We golfed yesterday at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Woodbury with the deal of the day: $42 for two people playing 18 and riding a cart.  And here is the best part: there was no one in front of us so we finished in about three hours.

IMG_0238

In the spirit of Babe Ruth and the All Star Game tonight, I took the opportunity to point where my homerun would be landing.  The course was in beautiful shape.

IMG_0240

We’re having the cold weather here.  When we golfed it was about 65 degrees and windy.  Later it rained for the homerun derby over at The Target Field.

IMG_0243

By the way, Sue beat me by one stroke on paper and by many more if you count the handful of golf balls that I lost in lakes, rivers, woods, and into thin air.

IMG_0247

In this picture, am I saying:

a) Do you like my new haircut?

b) Do you like my new glasses?

c) Do you want a hug?

No matter what I was saying, Sue’s response was “settle down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment