Tuesday, October 1, 2013

G Six In The City

 

IMG_8069

Septembeard has just changed over to Octobeard so let ‘em grow guys!  Here I am posing for a self portrait at the SSP public Bibliotech.

IMG_8068

I checked out (actually renewed) Culture Shock! Germany to help understand what goes on in Christoph’s head!  Actually, maybe I should pick up Culture Shock! Teenager?    In all seriousness, this is a pretty good book designed for people who will live and work in Germany but it offers great insights into what it means to be German.  The other book is my nursing research class textbook.

IMG_8070

Buddy Leon invited me to a Wild hockey game last Wednesday, the same day that Christoph went to the Twin game over in Minneapolis.  This was a preseason “friendly” game but the Wild put a beatdown on the St. Louis Blues.  Thanks for the invite, Leon.  Note: happy hour beers at The Great Waters Brewpub on 7th Place and St. Peter are an amazingly low $2.50/pint.  That sounds reasonable for a Bud Light or some other near beer but the Great Waters brews its own quality hand-pulled, cask-conditioned concoctions.  Yummy.

IMG_8072

Here are the adorable boys.  Tailwheel is settling in for his stay in The City but not visible to the naked eye too often.  At least the hissing and growling has stopped.  Yesterday I caught Ravel standing on the ledge of the clothes chute pawing at the inner sheet metal wall.  If he had slipped, he would have ended up in the basement in the laundry hamper.  Christoph reported seeing Nigel jump into the dryer.  Bad Boys!

IMG_8073

Now that he’s over a year old, Ravel has mellowed some.  You can easily pet him now without him treating your hand as a toy to be batted at and attacked.

IMG_8074

After Tailwheel arrived not wearing a collar, Nigel noticed he was the only cat wearing a collar so he squirmed out of it.

IMG_8077

On Mondays I’ve been picking Christoph up from soccer practice so we have time to eat dinner before our band rehearsal.  See the moving freight train in the background?

IMG_8079

Here I am driving my sports car of the week, a collector’s item called a Pontiac G6.  Zero to 60 in plenty of time to merge safely.

IMG_8081

Yesterday Sue and I were sitting in the red chairs in the backyard when we heard a crack and this enormous branch fell out of the tree and came crashing down next to us.  I wanted to stage a photo with me under the branch but thought better of it.  Now I’ve got to hand saw it up and take it to the city compost site.

IMG_8083

Christoph was up late last night studying for a world history test.  We pointed out that he doesn’t have to wait until the last minute to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment