Christoph and his mother arranged for her to call precisely at 1pm (central standard daylight savings time) today. They were going to try to Skype but chose to communicate in the 20th century manner. Even though we knew she was going to call, I picked up the phone at 1:00 and had no idea whose number was on the display (a 763- number which is the west metro) nor who was identifying herself on the other line. Elisabeth, I’m sorry I didn’t immediately recognize your voice! By the way, Christoph was watching American football--the Vikings play da Bears when you called.
It is a cool and cloudy early fall afternoon. This is a good day for the orange cat to take a nap. I’ll post some photos from Christoph’s first soccer game soon.
In a little while we’re all going to former intern Ingrid’s pastor ordination at her new church in Minneapolis. After that Christoph and I will play a band concert at that odd indoor park in Edina. Tschuss!
No comments:
Post a Comment