Another nice day today with sunshine and temps in the 70s. After Sue played flute again in church for the third Sunday in a row we went to Dickie's BBQ for some lunch. Then we harnessed up the cats and tried to get them to come outside with us. Ravel freaked out nearly blowing an O ring running away from Sue like a bucking bronco. After he ran around the outside of the house about four times we corralled him and brought him in. Maybe the boys are not ready yet for the stimulation of the great outdoors.
Here I am doing some immersion blending of Mom Williams' Swedish Pancake recipe. I was reminded that this was my favorite food as a kid three weeks ago when my mother cooked up a batch in Milwaukee.
It puffed up real nice in the oven but eventually decompressed as it cooled out of the oven. I made it exclusively for leftover eating as we'll be eating dinner at church tonight for the building fund dinner.
Look at how orange Nigel looks in the sunlight. Laura Dill and Leon came over this afternoon to clip the nails of all the cats in the house. Sue helped and it pretty much took four hands to hold these guys down for a mani - pedicure.
Ravel is one shiny and sleek specimen of a cat. Both cats have the really short hair above their eyes making their forehead skin visible at the right angle.
The party last night for Ryan and Mike's wedding was pretty fun. The guests were surgical (4D) and cardiac (4E) ICU staff and spouses. A few people wore vintage prom/bridesmaid dresses and at least one guy wore the same thing he wore to the junior prom--black tux with red cumberbund and bow tie.That was me. Enough people asked me if I was the best man that I started telling people that I was the best man. Two very pregnant women wore their wedding gowns that didn't really fit anymore because of their giant bellies. It was a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment