I think I'm sold on this whole Windows 8 fad. Instead of the "desktop" view that we've been looking at since the1980s, there's a collection of tiles that send you directly to your various emails, the Blog, the weather, Netflix, CNN, maybe my Finale program, etc. I've still got to load Finale and Word on to the new computer. I'll set up the new printer/fax/copier later in the week. Sue was enjoying changing channels on the TV from her laptop on the Comcast site and also telling the DVR to record from her computer. One thing we gave up was the dual DVR in which we could record and watch from both the kitchen and basement TVs. Now we can only record and watch recordings in the basement. Also, we can no longer pause the kitchen TV and rewind to the hear the weather forecast. We'll adapt. In the car I often reach down to rewind the live radio to catch something that I missed. I'm sure that technology is coming. We changed our TV/Internets/Phone service mainly to get a faster and better internet which it definitely appears to be.
The weather forecast from now until 1am is this: "blizzard". The TWIN game was postponed until tomorrow and my band rehearsal was cancelled. Tom Prin, the local composer of the piece I arranged for the band, A Quiet Place has agreed to come to our concert to hear his piano music as interpreted by me. The concert is Monday 5/13 at 7pm at The Church of St. Patrick in Inver Grove Heights. I hope he likes what I've done to his piece. John in the Euphonium section has expressed concern over a C-sharp in his part multiple times. I will continue to reassure him that he is playing the right note.
No comments:
Post a Comment