Sunday, February 7, 2016

SuperSunday

IMG_3653

Today was Youth Sunday at church.  A few months ago, I mentioned my arrangement of Earth and All Stars to our organist Kris.  She decided to have the Youth Orchestra play it today.  It was very fun to hear something I wrote played by lots of great kids we know. 

IMG_3652

It was especially to see our Godson Ben playing trombone in the Youth Orchestra.  He was dressed very appropriately for a trombone player at a gig – shirt, tie, dress pants and Chuck Taylors.  Trombone players have the best sense of humor.  That’s 8th Grade Ben who is already considerably taller than me. 

IMG_3648

The cats enjoy watching the snow and I think they are going to be busy.  We’re supposed to get some tonight to go along with the wicked wind we already have. Hopefully this won’t settle over NYC for the weekend. 

As I’m watching the Super Bowl, I’m thinking about our friends who arrived home from Tanzania this afternoon.  We also arrived home on Super Bowl Sunday and I can vividly remember the pure exhaustion we felt.  I can’t wait to hear their stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment