We had a quiet weekend around here. Sue and I went to Jeanne’s father’s funeral on Saturday. We also went running yesterday and today. In the adult forum after church today we were talking about the healing powers of nature. I thought of us watching our cats stalk the innumerable squirrels busy at work in our yard eating and hiding chestnuts. We bought the cats some new fancy stripped collars (which you can’t see in these photos) which make them look like teenage boys dressed up for church.
OK, I did use the vivid color setting to highlight C. Nigel’s orangeness.
Fahsai went to the mall again yesterday and did not come home with a winter coat. Then she and Sue went to Kohl’s Department Store and came up empty. Where does a gal have to go to get a coat around here? Maybe I should clarify: a not outrageously expensive coat. Our family activity today involved making dinner. Fahsai shed a tear or two while cutting up some red onions.
And then she browned the ground beef.
That looks like lasagna! Here she added the first of two spinach layers. Sue was standing by as an Italian spice consult.
This Saturday is my annual Oktoberfest gig/party at Jack’s house – Jacktoberfest as it is known to some. Here I can be seen practicing drinking an Oktoberfest beer while playing my trombone.
Here is the the finished product. We used the lasagna recipe from the back of the lasagna noodle box but we did make several substitutions.
Voila!
This was both the first time Fahsai ate lasagna and the first time she made it! Good job!
No comments:
Post a Comment