Susan and I used to go to a Thai restaurant called Sawatdee fairly regularly in downtown St. Paul. Well, they closed down and reopened at 9th and Robert higher up the hill in downtown St. Paul. I think they’ve been at this location for several years and we finally paid them a visit. Here is Fahsai studying the menu looking for her favorite dish. . .
Pad See Eew, a chicken, green vegetable, and wide noodle dish with very little spice.
Me, I had the tofu green curry that had three chilli peppers next to it on the menu. Sue had the Panang curry which is more of a yellow-red color and also spicy,
Notice, I took off my jacket as the spice kicked in.
And then I reached for the water. “We’re going to need more water here!”
Yesterday I made an attempt at cooking kale, the green vegetable that is all the rage. Mike from work brings a bag of kale in with him every time he works so I thought I’d give it a go. Apparently he has a big garden. I sauteed it in olive oil, garlic, and green onions from our garden. Then I threw in some mushrooms and a Roma tomato from the garden for some color. Voila! it was pretty bitter and not entirely edible. I think it needs to cook longer to cook the bitter out of it. We had it as a side dish with the beef tips and noodles from Let’s Dish.
We saw a few houses today on the parade of homes. This one is between Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis, literally the city of lakes. It was nice. It wasn’t big just to be big but well laid out and functional and very swank in its finishings. Fahsai and I took some bootleg photos.
There it is on the left at the end of a brick pedestrian walkway. The finished space included three bedrooms, 2.5 baths, living room, den, dining room, and a kitchen. There was a detached garage facing the alley and a nice deck on the front and the side of the house. The price? $1.8 million. Sue sent a message to our realator friend Judy asking her to “draw something up for us” with a link to the property.
After looking at two other houses we stopped in at the sculpture garden next to the highly pretentious Walker Art Museum. This is the spoon and cherry that Minneapolis is known for. There was a temporary tent set up behind it spoiling the view of the cherry with downtown Minneapolis.
Along with the sculptures there are a lot of flowers.
The girls with the foot bridge that connects Loring Park with the Sculpture Garden. The foot bridge takes walkers over 16 lanes of traffic making up the Hennepin/Lyndale/I-94 commons.
No comments:
Post a Comment