Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother’s Weekend

 

IMG_1920

I was in Milwaukee over the weekend partially for Mother’s Day and partially just for a plain old visit with my family.  Sue had to stay in Minnesota to do things like teach on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, conduct a middle school honors band on Saturday, and play in the bell choir on Sunday.  I always like to check out objects/places from my boyhood.  So here is the power pole in the backyard of my parents house.  Fascinating.

IMG_1923

The weather was pretty nice for the most part.  We had a Mother’s Day dinner at the Italian place on Rawson with all my siblings, Nancy, and the grand kids.  Tom had to work—those 12 hour shift get in the way of life.  There are some photos on Sunanda’s Facebook page.

IMG_1930

I always like to get photos of any “foreign” cars in the driveway.  In this case, that’s my VW Jetta.  I took advantage of the cheap Milwaukee car wash and paid $5.99 for a works wash that would have been unaffordable in Minnesota.

IMG_1931

The grass is pretty green in Cudahy and the trees are a buddin’.

IMG_1933

We watched a lot of robins flailing about in the bird bath.

IMG_1939

I should do architectural photography.

IMG_1945

Dorene, Diane, and I golfed 18 on Saturday morning on what one golfer described as “a perfect day for golf”:  Sunny, low 70s, no wind.  However, I did get a little sunburned.  This is the storm that rolled through on Monday night.  The piles of garbage on the street are for the city-wide large garbage pick up.

IMG_1948

This one is a little too blurry to have made the cut for the blog.

IMG_1875

Ebony and Orangey lived together in perfect harmony side by side on the love seat. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment