Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Sniffingtons Prepare for Christmas

 

IMG_8508

The cats have not been willingly wearing their antlers.

DSC03435

This one is from Chuck’s 70th birthday party when I was in Milwaukee. That’s Paige and Brooke.

IMG_8526

Yesterday we drove four blocks to the Lions Club Tree Lot where we picked out a Christmas tree-scented air freshener for the basement.

IMG_8536

Christoph and I put it in the stand on the front porch and then I hauled it into the basement where the cats were waiting to sniff it.

IMG_8533

Christoph did most of the tightening of the screws to hold the tree in place and I must say, we got it to stand up pretty level. We haven’t seen the cats climbing it yet, either. I think the branches are too dense for them to shimmy their way up the tree like they do with the artificial tree.

 

IMG_8530

The Lion Guy sawed off a hunk of the bottom and then carried it out the the car.

 

IMG_8531

Here’s the tree “in” the trunk. They gave Sue and “the kid” some candy.

 

IMG_8527

Their tree selection was pretty good—none of them looked scrawny or dead.

 

IMG_8537

The sniffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment