Here are some pictures from the spring—mostly of the cats as usual. Happy 42nd Birthday to Steve Berg!
When we went to the fancy restaurant in the Valley for mother’s day, we passed through the town of Ellsworth where rumor has it they sell cheese. Here is the proof.
We’ve been talking a bit about a kitchen remodel. In this wall next to the fridge we are considering insetting a cabinet for foodstuffs. It would intrude upon the closet behind it but I am thinking it would be a shallow cabinet only about 10 inches deep. The closet behind would still be usable for Sue’s massive rolling stock of shoes.
We might also consider extending the peninsula out a foot or so which would give more counter space and more cupboard space underneath. Of course we would keep all the newish things in the kitchen like the floor, the stove and I guess that’s it.
In Milwaukee Mother Dorene and I did a couple of fun mother-son activities including visiting the Milwaukee Public Museum. This is a model of the original Sampson the Gorilla who live for thirty some years at the Milwaukee County Zoo. They recreated his face from Sampson’s death mask.
Then we walked up the escalator right into the middle of a buffalo hunt.
It is a pretty nice museum and much bigger than I remember it. The Streets of Old Milwaukee exhibit is still there but as it is always night in the exhibit, none of my photos turned out.
The next day after golfing with Sister Diane, we went on the Sprecher Brewery tour. The actual tour was average but the beer samples were excellent.
We found this outlet of the Stone Creek Coffee chain on 5th Street between St Paul Avenue and the elevated highway 794. Mom and I always like finding new coffee shops to quaff quality coffee.
Round Nigel
We’ve had a lot of rain here but summer is almost upon us. After a busy couple of weeks, Sue and I will do some chillaxing this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment