Thursday, October 1, 2015

Must Be October

 

IMG_3255

I played the annual Oktoberfest Gig with the trombone players over at Jack and Judy’s house in St. Paul. This is a true action shot taken while I was counting rests.

 

IMG_3256

Jim was counting rests, too.

 

IMG_3259

Their yard may be a little bigger than ours but not much. There were a few hundred people in attendance including those that spilled out into the alley.

 

IMG_3265

Sunday while we were out on some errands, Kazuho and I stopped at the Rock Island Swing Bridge park. Readers of this blog will remember that my brass group played at the opening ceremony for this park in 2011.

 

IMG_3251

Here I am ready to play the Oktoberfest Gig. I did not wear the head bandana. . .but I did wear the green pants because they were made in Germany. I took a different glass this year for the quaffing of the libations.

IMG_3264

Yes, that is the Newport refinery positioned on the scenic Mississippi River. They added a nice picnic pavilion at the Swing Bridge Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment