Saturday, September 26, 2015

Photos Phorgotten Phrom Phamily Phun

 

IMG_3205

I just plugged the camera memory chip into my computer and discovered the Family Fun we’ve had in the last couple of weeks. Kaz brought us these nice crystal glasses from Tokyo for our beverage enjoyment. That might be Sue’s favorite summertime beverage and tonic might be one of the ingredients.

IMG_3207

Here’s Kazuho enjoying orange juice from my vintage 1982 Gorman Thomas McDonald’s glass.

IMG_3223

On Labor Day Weekend we rented a bike for Kaz and hauled our bikes down to the Mississippi River trail. NiceRide is the equivalent of Milwaukee’s Bubblr Bikes. I hear San Antonio has a bike rental deal, too. Speaking of San Antonio, The Berg’s and our family will be in San Antonio at the same time in October. Get ready for us Steve and Liz!

IMG_3226

We had a good time. Today we will drive down to Rochester not to visit the Dali Lama who is getting a checkup at Mayo but instead for Kaz’s first soccer game of the season. Both Makiko and Johanna The First had games at this same school in Rochester. Swoop Falcons!

IMG_3228

That’s the high bridge in the background and downtown St. Paul.

IMG_3234

Kaz is learning slowly that American kids do homework and the homework is very hard when it is in your second language. Gambatte! (Try Hard!)

 

IMG_3237

We visited some new homes on the Parade of Homes, a tour of expensive houses with way too many bedrooms and bathrooms. On of the houses was so big it took six large steps to walk from the sink to the stove. Cooking would be a lot of exercise.

 

IMG_3241

Off to school!

IMG_3243

This is what happens if the bedroom door remains open. . .

 

IMG_3245

Last night was the Homecoming Dance at school.

IMG_3247

This picture is for my Mom. Mom, this is how I have my laptop set up on a stand with a mouse attached and also a keyboard and external speakers. I can take it with me if I need to but I mostly use it in my computer room / office. I have the stand on a couple of books to try to improve the ergonomics. I am playing with the trombone quartet later today at the annual Oktoberfest Party over in St. Paul. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment