Monday, June 8, 2015

May Bee See–One Two Three

 

IMG_1287 

Sue took her band/choir/orchestra to Chanhassen dinner theater today to see Mary Poppins. She called this morning with an extra ticket for me but was able to find one of the many students who desperately wanted to go but wasn’t able to get a ticket. Oh well, I spent this awesome May day riding my bike, cutting the grass, arranging some trombone music, and practicing my trombone. Here’s the shiny boy. . .

IMG_1288

. . . and the orange boy with the matte finish.

IMG_1291

I rode down by the river and then walked up the hill south of 494. these hills in this town are too steep for ever biking up. Here is 494 heating up with rush hour traffic.

IMG_1293

Oh yeah, I got a haircut today, too. I could say I’m wearing my Houston T shirt today in honor of the flood victims there but really I wear this shirt about every third day.

IMG_1295

The city marked two big trees on our block for removal. They took one down rather noisily today.

IMG_1297

My new mower worked well except I have to get used to the lack of a reversible handle. People who mow electrically will know what I’m talking about. Our really nice neighbor Steph moved out. Jimmy remains. We don’t know the details.

IMG_1298

This linden tree was planted as a 12 foot tall sapling back in about 2008. I would say it has grown nicely.

IMG_1300

See who was waiting for me when I got back from my bike ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment