I think late January is now known as Tanzania time for us. Lots of late January dates mark where we were at this time in 2013. As I count it (MLK weekend is my “"marker”), two years ago today, we worshipped at our partner congregation Ipogoro Lutheran and it was the end of a spectacular week seeing the work of the partnership. From there, we flew north for our safari days and finished at Selian Hospital and Arusha Lutheran Medical Centre.
I talked to a couple of our traveling companions today at church and we reminisced about what amazing experience we had.
Here I am with my buddy Alexander and several friends!
Our retired pastor Gary and his wife Carol spend the winter months in Tanzania helping host visiting groups. Their blog is linked (to the right) here. Its entertaining reading about what they are up to. Gary usually manages to get himself into some funny situation every week!
In addition, I’ve linked a blog written by some U of MN medical staff and students. Its good reading too.
No comments:
Post a Comment