Monday, October 6, 2014

Con Brio, Con Queso, Con Crete

 

IMG_0685

Sue took some middle school band students to the Park High School football game last Friday night.  Fahsai and I tagged along like band groupees.  Fahsai sat with two of Sue’s old band students who are now in high school.  It was cold!  48 degrees (8 degrees Celsius) which is the coldest outdoor air temperature that Fahsai has ever experienced.  Notice the band members are using I-pads in plastic bags for their music.  I did not bring my I-pad nor my trombone.

IMG_0687

Here’s a lazy Saturday afternoon.  For our family activity this weekend, we all went to church together and then had a long discussion about what it was all about.  We learned a few things about Buddhism from Fahsai, too.

IMG_0688

The sidewalk repair crews have been working their way up 15th Avenue North.  Today they tore out two of our sidewalk segments and this one of Jimmy and Stefanie’s.

IMG_0690

They used Ye Olde Bobcat to break up the squares and then scoop out the chunks.

IMG_0691

Fahsai has been cold but at least she bought a winter jacket and I hope she wore it today since it was 37 degrees this morning.

 

IMG_0695

Here are our two segments.  They did not put down any rocks or anything.  As far as I can tell, they just poured concrete on top of the dirt.  Maybe this is why they sink and crack so easily.

 

IMG_0700

It will be nice to not have the bumps between squares to deal with when shoveling snow everyday this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment